Random Thoughts from the Gameless Gamer: World Series Edition

Filed under: , , by: Priestbeast

Gamers around the nation, I hope you are as disappointed as I am in the natural elements that we so strongly seek to avoid by staying inside. Tonight, intense rain temporarily delayed the Phillies winning their first World Series since 1980, having lost the World Series back in 1993. The last Phillies World Championship came in a win against, of all teams, the Kansas City Royals, who at the time were in their 11th year as an organization. Guess what, Tampa Bay is an 11th year organization. My prediction: Phillies win in either this postponed game or the next one, when they return to Tampa.

It's sad that the game was delayed tonight. Surprisingly, unseasonably cold temperatures in Philadelphia could end up causing snow tomorrow. Do you think they could play baseball in that, especially considering they seemed to want to keep playing through the rain? That would certainly make for an interesting game to watch!

In other news, I wrap up a big presentation tomorrow. I told Grundy that I would be nearing the purchase of a 360 after this presentation. So it's true that I have been looking. Instead of reporting to you about something random (besides the World Series), I want your suggestions on what to purchase with my new 360 system. Should I get Madden or Rock Band? This Fallout 3 game looks like fun, but would I be better off getting Gears of War 2? Should I just get one of the other seemingly endless games that our blog has posted reviews on since we came up and running? The decision is yours!

Let me know Gamers. Not only will your input be important for me, but it will allow me to continue providing you with quality information. It may also be important for gamers who are seeking to expand their repertoire to hear things from us, the normal-joe bloggers. So step it up gamers. Let me know how to become one of you again. Who knows, maybe one day we'll be swapping bullets over an intense battle of Call of Duty 4 (or am I already behind the times?).

Game on Gamers!

9 comments:

On October 28, 2008 at 7:16 PM , reluctant _gamer said...

I'm glad to see you've finally earned enough money to buy a 360. I know Grundy wants Gears 2 and I'm finally starting on the first Gears. I would suggest Gears 2 and the new Guitar Hero (or Rock Band).

 
On October 28, 2008 at 8:00 PM , Anonymous said...

Definitely Rock Band 2 and Fallout 3, between the two of them you will be playing forever. Don't forget COD 4 too!

 
On October 28, 2008 at 10:44 PM , Greedy Raven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On October 28, 2008 at 10:45 PM , Greedy Raven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On October 28, 2008 at 10:46 PM , Greedy Raven said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
 
On October 28, 2008 at 10:47 PM , Greedy Raven said...

If you are anti-social like me, you will buy Fallout 3. In fact, buy it twice just to make sure.

If you hate your neighbors, get Rock Band.

If you like fun, get CoD4.

If your smart, you will buy a PS3. Don't worry, you don't need games for it.

 
On October 29, 2008 at 12:16 AM , ammonator said...

I'm glad to see you are joining Grundy, Jimmy, Andy, and I on the path of 360. My two cents would be Rock Band and any combination of Fallout 3, Gears of War 2, Mass Effect and Bioshock.

 
On October 29, 2008 at 12:18 AM , Priestbeast said...

So nice to know that most of my fellow bloggers are the ones commenting. Should have just e-mailed you all. To anonymous, thank you for the suggestions. Definitely will get Rock Band 2 and COD4. Still need a better review from Grundy on Fallout 3.

 
On October 29, 2008 at 4:29 PM , Jimmy the Greek said...

for endless hours of by yourself gaming fallout 3 or on the cheap get oblivion goty. you might even throw gta 4 in there due to the upcoming expansion.

for multiplayer get cod 4 or halo 3, i lean towards halo because its a system exclusive and world at war is on the horizon. if your willing to shell out some extra dough get rock band 2 with a guitar and/or mic.