First Impressions: Lego Indiana Jones

Filed under: , by: Grundy the Man

Let me preface this by saying that I am a fan of the Indiana Jones franchise, so this may be a bit biased. Also, I have only had the chance to play the game in Co-Op with my wife, but so far we have both had a fairly positive experience.

The game's story covers the plot of first three Indiana Jones films. Each mission has provided a strong variety of platforming and puzzles, all while steadily progressing through the story. Each character has their own unique abilities. For example, Indy can lasso hooks that are above his head and use his whip to swing across wide chasms. Many of the other special abilities are clones of those found in the Lego Star Wars game, just attached to the other supporting characters from the Indiana Jones universe.

So far I only have two real complaints:

  • The camera is not made for Co-Op gameplay. Frequently, my wife would be fighting an enemy on one side of the screen while I would be searching for coins on the opposite side. The camera would only pan out to a predefined distance, which would prevent both of us to progressing in our respective directions. While yes this encourages cooperative communication, it should not be a hindrance to enjoying a game experience.
  • Objectives in some of the puzzles and boss battles are unclear and/or confusing! Enough said, I will elaborate on this further after I have had more time with the game.
Stay tuned for my full review coming soon!

Below is the trailer for the game:


0 comments: